- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA (2013)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D. (2016)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Member)
- Justice Entrepreneur Project (Member)
- South Suburban Bar Association (Member)
- Will County Bar Association (Member)
Elise Harmening is the Owner and Principal Attorney for Law Works Illinois by Harmening Law, LLC. Elise began Harmening Law, LLC as part of the Justice Entrepreneur's Project through the Chicago Bar Foundation. Elise is committed to providing legal services for clients who do not fit into the traditional legal services model or qualify for legal aid.
Throughout her life, Elise has found a real connection with working with families and youth. She has personal experience working through the school system to advocate for accommodations and understands, intensely, what it feels like on both sides of the table.
When Elise is not practicing law, she enjoys playing violin, coaching debate, and listening to latest and greatest podcast.